- Drums / Percussions
- Live Performances
Meet Paul Kairis
Paul Kairis, a graduate of St. Rita High School in Chicago, received his Bachelor of Music Percussion Performance Degree from Roosevelt University, Chicago, Illinois. A four year band officer including lead percussionist and band President, Paul advanced his skills at St. Rita as an instructor, arranger, and clinician and was awarded the United States Marine Corps “Semper Fidelis” award upon graduation. Paul went on to further his studies and was named to the National Honors Society and Dean’s List at DePaul University. After receiving a scholarship from Chicago Musical College at Roosevelt University Paul continued his percussion studies with the following instructors:
- Don Skoog – Contemporary Music Project, latin percussion, marimba, and drumset
- Patsy Dash – Chicago Symphony Orchestra, orchestral percussion
- Edward Poremba – Principal Percussionist, Grant Park Symphony Orchestra, Lyric Opera, percussion ensemble and orchestral percussion
- Brad Stirtz – vibes
- Mark Smith – steel drums
- Phil Gratteau – jazz ensemble, drumset
- Gideon Alorwie – African hand drumming.
As an educator, Paul has over 25 years of private and ensemble teaching experience. He has been the Percussion Instructor at many Chicago area high school’s including Victor J. Andrew, St. Rita, Lockport Township and Thornwood. Paul has also been an I.M.E.A. and I.H.S.A solo/ensemble percussion judge. Paul’s focus on practicing, performing, and teaching music has translated over time to his current professional abilities. As a performer he is very accomplished on stage and in the studio.